Get the code: git clone https://github.com/cliftonm/property_grid_demo
- Collapsable groups
- Support fo jQuery UI controls
- Easily extensible to support new control types
- “Fluid” programming of grid groups and properties
- Don’t like a “fluid” approach? A minimal DSL is provided
- Control is generated on the server-side
I have put together is a set of classes to facilitate building the content of a property grid control on the server-side. You will note that I opted for actual classes and a “fluid” programming style, but if you don’t like the way the actual implementation looks using a “fluid” technique, I have also put together a very minimal internal Domain Specific Language (DSL) that you can use instead — basically just method calls that hide (using static data) the internal management of building the property grid instance.
As in my previous articles, I will be using Sass and Slim scripting for the CSS and HTML markup.
… The rest of this article is forthcoming!